- 1 Cent
- 3 Cent
- 5 Cent
- 10 Cent
- 25 Cent
- Birds of Canada 25 Cents Coins
- Canada Day 25 Cent Coins
- Canadian Mythical Creatures 25 Cent Coins
- Canadian Province 25 Cent Coins
- CFL 25 Cent Coin and Stamp Series
- Ducks of Canada 25 Cents Coins
- Holiday 25 Cents Coins
- Millennium 25 Cent Coins
- NHL Hockey 25 Cent Coins
- Olympic Mascot 25 Cent Folders
- Olympic Vancouver 25 Cent Coins
- Predator vs. Prey 25 Cents Coins
- 50 Cent
- Butterfly Series 50 Cent Coins
- Canadian Conservation Gold 50 Cent Coins
- Canadian Sports Firsts 50 Cent Coins
- Discovering Nature 50 Cent Coins
- Folklore & Festival 50 Cent Coins
- Gold 50 Cent Coins
- Golden Flower Series 50 Cent Coins
- Lenticular Dinosaur 50 Cent Coins
- Olympic Mascot 50 Cent Coins
- NHL Hockey 50 Cent Coins
- Sport Series 50 Cent Coins
- Triangle 50 Cent Coins
- 1 Dollar
- 2 Dollar
- 3 Dollar
- 4 Dollar
- 5 Dollar
- 8 Dollar
- 10 Dollar
- Adventure Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- Canadian Hockey 10 Dollar Coins
- Canoe Across Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- Celebrating Canada's 150th Series 10 Dollar Coins
- Colourful Songbirds of Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- Day of the Dinosaurs 10 Dollar Coins
- DC Comics™ Originals 10 Dollar Coins
- Ducks of Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- FIFA Women's World Cup 10 Dollar Coins
- Learning to Play 10 Dollar Coins
- Legendary Nature 10 Dollar Coins
- Looney Tunes™ $10 Silver Coins Series
- O Canada Series 10 Dollar Coins
- Passion to Play 10 Dollar Coins
- Reflections of Wildlife 10 Dollar Coins
- Star Trek™ 10 Dollar Coins
- 15 Dollar
- 20 Dollar
- $20 for $20
- Aircraft of the First World War Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Architectural Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Aviation Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Baby Animals Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Bald Eagle Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Big Fish 20 Dollar Coins
- Bison Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Butterflies of Canada 20 Dollar Coins
- Canadian Landscape 20 Dollar Coins
- Celebrate Baseball 20 Dollar Coins
- Crystal Series 20 Dollar Coins
- First World War Battlefront Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Forests of Canada 20 Dollar Coins
- Geometry in Art 20 Dollar Coins
- Great Lakes Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Group of Seven 20 Dollar Coins
- Iconic Superman Comic Book Covers 20 Dollar Coins
- Landscape Illusion 20 Dollar Coins
- Lighthouse 20 Dollar Coins
- Looney Tunes 20 Dollar Coins
- Lost Ships in Canadian Waters 20 Dollar Coins
- Majestic Animals Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Migratory Birds Convention 20 Dollar Coins
- National Parks Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Natural Wonders Series 20 Dollar Coins
- NHL Goalie Mask Series 20 Dollar Coins
- North American Sportfish 20 Dollar Coins
- Seven Sacred Teachings Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Star Trek™ 20 Dollar Coins
- Tall Ships Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Transportation Series 20 Dollar Coins
- White-tailed Deer Series 20 Dollar Coins
- 25 Dollar
- 30 Dollar
- 50 Dollar
- 75 Dollar
- 100 Dollar
- 125 Dollar
- 150 Dollar
- 200 Dollar
- 250 Dollar
- 300 Dollar
- 350 Dollar
2017 Canadian 150th Anniversary of Canadian Confederation - Fine Silver Dollar Proof Set
Face Value: Set - Includes the $2, $1 ft. 150th Anniversary of Canadian Confederation, Loonie, 50-Cent, 25-Cent, 10-Cent, and 5-Cent coins.
Composition: 99.99% Silver
From France's Marianne to the United Kingdom's Britannia, history provides numerous examples of allegorical figures that represent a powerful personification of a country's character. Where words can't do justice, these symbols carry deep meaning by embodying the strengths, ideals and virtues of a nation and its people.
This tradition is at the heart of this year's commemorative silver design, which offers a bold, modern take on a classic idea. Strongly uplifting, the beautifully engraved 150th Anniversary of Canadian Confederation coin is rich with symbolism that celebrates the story of our nation, and alludes to our ability to come together and rise to the challenges we face—yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Don't miss this limited-time opportunity to own these classic coins in 2017! Order today!
THE CRÈME DE LA CRÈME OF COLLECTOR SETS! The 99.99% pure silver proof dollar with stunning gold plating makes this the crème de la crème of collector sets!
AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY IN THIS SET! Your proof coin is the highest quality possible. Finished with world-class frosting, the image is struck against a brilliant field as many as three times to achieve a crisp impression with outstanding detail. Special dies are hand polished and frequently replaced to maintain absolute perfection, while selective gold plating enhances the coin's focal point, Canada, by adding definition to the detailed frosting.
INCLUDES CLASSIC COIN DESIGNS! Canada's classic circulation coin designs will not be placed in circulation during this milestone year—the pure silver proof set is a limited opportunity to own these classic coins (polar bear, Canada's Coat of Arms, caribou, Bluenose, beaver) in 2017. Each set includes:
Proof dollar struck in 99.99% pure silver with selective gold plating!
2-dollar (toonie) coin struck in 99.99% pure silver with selective gold plating!
1-dollar (loonie) coin struck in 99.99% pure silver! Fully gold plated!
50-cent, 25-cent, 10-cent and 5-cent coins, all struck in 99.99% pure silver
INCLUDES THE 50-CENT COIN! Your coin set includes Canada's Coat of Arms in 99.99% pure silver!
Your coin is among OUR BEST SELLERS EVERY YEAR since 1937! Each year, the proof dollar is one of the most sought-after coins issued by the Royal Canadian Mint. This coin is a continuation of a proud tradition that carries added meaning in 2017, as Canada celebrates 150 years.
POWERFULLY SYMBOLIC! Your coin features a classic allegory, but is representative of Canada in today's world. Rich in symbolism, every element of the design is representative of our story as a nation.
INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
99.99% PURE SILVER! Your coins are GST/HST exempt with a limited worldwide mintage.
GENUINE LEATHER BOOK-STYLE! Beautifully presented in a genuine leather book-style that offers an elegant way to proudly showcase your coin.
Designed by Canadian artist Rebecca Yanovskaya, your coin features a contemporary take on a classic female allegory that personifies Canada on its 150th anniversary. Every element in this complex design represents a different political, historic, geographic and social aspect—it represents our story as a nation, all conveyed by the intricate engraving and careful use of multiple finishes.
In the foreground, Canada rises up strong, majestic and bold; she bears a youthful appearance, given Canada's status as a relatively young nation. Canada is the picture of grace and a vision of strength in her protective armour; and yet, she carries no weapon—a symbolic nod to Canada's historic peacekeeping role, and our efforts to bring peace throughout the world. Her brow is wreathed with a glorious garland of poppies, much as the lyrics to O Canada affirm in French. Facing out as though looking to the future, Canada's gaze is calm and steady while her arms are open wide, ready to embrace what challenges and triumphs lie ahead. In one hand is a symbolic representation of the British North America Act, which represents the birth of the Dominion of Canada 150 years ago; in the other hand is a single feather that pays tribute to those who helped forge our nation's path: the First Nations peoples and the Fathers of Confederation. A fur cape is a further reminder of First Nations traditions, as well as the importance of the fur trade in Canada's early history.
Thirteen rays of light—one for each province and territory—shine down upon Canada, while the waves at her feet represent the oceans that surround us. The Canadian banners link air, land and sea while in the background, Mount Logan (Canada's tallest peak) represents the diversity of the land, and alludes to the ability of Canadians to "rise" to the challenges we face—yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Your set includes a numbered certificate with detailed coin specifications—your proof of ownership for this low mintage premium proof set and evidence that each coin has been individually inspected by our resident quality assurance specialists. Your pure silver proof set comes in an elegant genuine leather book-style packaging that complements your beautiful coins.
Coins Unlimited offers secure shipping services worldwide via Canada Post. Upon payment confirmation, orders ship from our store location within 1-2 business days.
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment.
Offering secure, timely shipping services from Canada Post. For more information and availability regarding delivery services to your country:
Some products are not eligible for international shipment. Also, additional restrictions may apply.
Out of Stock
- 1 Cent