- 1 Cent
- 3 Cent
- 5 Cent
- 10 Cent
- 25 Cent
- Birds of Canada 25 Cents Coins
- Canada Day 25 Cent Coins
- Canadian Mythical Creatures 25 Cent Coins
- Canadian Province 25 Cent Coins
- CFL 25 Cent Coin and Stamp Series
- Ducks of Canada 25 Cents Coins
- Holiday 25 Cents Coins
- Millennium 25 Cent Coins
- NHL Hockey 25 Cent Coins
- Olympic Mascot 25 Cent Folders
- Olympic Vancouver 25 Cent Coins
- Predator vs. Prey 25 Cents Coins
- 50 Cent
- Butterfly Series 50 Cent Coins
- Canadian Conservation Gold 50 Cent Coins
- Canadian Sports Firsts 50 Cent Coins
- Discovering Nature 50 Cent Coins
- Folklore & Festival 50 Cent Coins
- Gold 50 Cent Coins
- Golden Flower Series 50 Cent Coins
- Lenticular Dinosaur 50 Cent Coins
- Olympic Mascot 50 Cent Coins
- NHL Hockey 50 Cent Coins
- Sport Series 50 Cent Coins
- Triangle 50 Cent Coins
- 1 Dollar
- 2 Dollar
- 3 Dollar
- 4 Dollar
- 5 Dollar
- 8 Dollar
- 10 Dollar
- Adventure Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- Canadian Hockey 10 Dollar Coins
- Canoe Across Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- Celebrating Canada's 150th Series 10 Dollar Coins
- Colourful Songbirds of Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- Day of the Dinosaurs 10 Dollar Coins
- DC Comics™ Originals 10 Dollar Coins
- Ducks of Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- FIFA Women's World Cup 10 Dollar Coins
- Learning to Play 10 Dollar Coins
- Legendary Nature 10 Dollar Coins
- Looney Tunes™ $10 Silver Coins Series
- O Canada Series 10 Dollar Coins
- Passion to Play 10 Dollar Coins
- Reflections of Wildlife 10 Dollar Coins
- Star Trek™ 10 Dollar Coins
- 15 Dollar
- 20 Dollar
- $20 for $20
- Aircraft of the First World War Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Architectural Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Aviation Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Baby Animals Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Bald Eagle Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Big Fish 20 Dollar Coins
- Bison Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Butterflies of Canada 20 Dollar Coins
- Canadian Landscape 20 Dollar Coins
- Celebrate Baseball 20 Dollar Coins
- Crystal Series 20 Dollar Coins
- First World War Battlefront Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Forests of Canada 20 Dollar Coins
- Geometry in Art 20 Dollar Coins
- Great Lakes Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Group of Seven 20 Dollar Coins
- Iconic Superman Comic Book Covers 20 Dollar Coins
- Landscape Illusion 20 Dollar Coins
- Lighthouse 20 Dollar Coins
- Looney Tunes 20 Dollar Coins
- Lost Ships in Canadian Waters 20 Dollar Coins
- Majestic Animals Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Migratory Birds Convention 20 Dollar Coins
- National Parks Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Natural Wonders Series 20 Dollar Coins
- NHL Goalie Mask Series 20 Dollar Coins
- North American Sportfish 20 Dollar Coins
- Seven Sacred Teachings Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Star Trek™ 20 Dollar Coins
- Tall Ships Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Transportation Series 20 Dollar Coins
- White-tailed Deer Series 20 Dollar Coins
- 25 Dollar
- 30 Dollar
- 50 Dollar
- 75 Dollar
- 100 Dollar
- 125 Dollar
- 150 Dollar
- 200 Dollar
- 250 Dollar
- 300 Dollar
- 350 Dollar
2019 (1944-) Canadian $1 75th Anniversary of D-Day Proof Silver Dollar Coin
On June 6, 1944, about 14,000 Canadians stormed the beaches of Normandy as the Allies launched Operation Overlord. D-Day was the largest amphibious landing in history and the stakes were high: to gain a foothold in Fortress Europe, Allied troops had to break through a coastline fortified with mined obstacles, concrete pillboxes, machine-gun nests and heavy artillery batteries.
Your 2019 Proof Silver Dollar commemorates the 75th anniversary of D-Day by putting a human face on a historic event. Inspired by a real-life moment seen in the original film footage, a young soldier’s apprehension and a simple gesture remind us of the courage of those who carried the weight of history with them that day. In the face of danger and uncertainty, Canadians fought to come ashore at Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer, Bernières-sur-Mer, Courseulles-sur-Mer and Graye-sur-Mer, knowing that success on D-Day was just the beginning.
Commemorate the 75th anniversary of D-Day with the 2019 Proof Silver Dollar.
OUR FLAGSHIP COIN: A bestseller since 1937, the annual proof dollar is one of the most sought-after coins issued by the Royal Canadian Mint. The 2019 edition commemorates the 75th anniversary of D-Day (June 6, 1944).
A DIFFERENT TAKE ON HISTORY: The highly detailed design puts a human face on an event that changed the course of history. It is a tribute to the courage of every Canadian who stepped off the landing crafts and waded into enemy fire.
A FIRST STEP: The 2019 Proof Dollar is your first step in a year-long journey of commemoration and remembrance that stretches across several coins. Our young soldier’s story is part of Canada’s story in the Battle of Normandy, and it continues on a 14-karat gold coin (“A Footstep in Time”).
AN IMAGE OF SOUND: A sequence of dots and dashes represents the letter V (for “Victory”) in Morse code—a nod to radio broadcasts that announced the Allied landings.
REMEMBERING CANADA’S ROLE: Canadians played an important role on D-Day and throughout the Battle of Normandy. This is our way of honouring their legacy.
INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE: The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
LIMITED MINTAGE: Only 20,000 coins are available worldwide.
99.99% PURE SILVER COIN: Your coin has been expertly crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a proof finish that accentuates every detail to stunning effect. In addition, your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Designed by Tony Bianco, your coin steps back in time to the morning of June 6, 1944, as the first wave of Canadian troops storms Juno Beach. The scene shares the same inspiration as the Juno Beach Centre Association’s D-Day anniversary logo; it re-creates a moment caught on film when the North Shore (New Brunswick) Regiment landed on Nan Red Beach (La Rive Plage). In the foreground, an infantry soldier has a strained expression on his face after surveying what lies ahead—this is his first real combat experience. A reassuring pat is a touching moment of humanity and a gesture of solidarity amid enemy fire and fear, while the wedding ring is a reminder of loved ones back home. In the sky above, a sequence of dots and dashes represent the letter V (for “Victory”) in Morse code; they allude to the radio broadcasts that announced the Allied landings that day. The reverse includes the word “CANADA”, the double dates “1944” and “2019”, and the face value “DOLLAR”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
2019 (1944-) Canadian $1 75th Anniversary of D-Day Proof Silver Dollar Coin comes encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell, black beauty box and Certificate of Authenticity.
Face Value: $1
Composition: 99.99% Silver
Weight (g): 23.17
Diameter (mm): 36.07
Coins Unlimited offers secure shipping services worldwide via Canada Post. Upon payment confirmation, orders ship from our store location within 1-2 business days.
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment.
Offering secure, timely shipping services from Canada Post. For more information and availability regarding delivery services to your country:
Some products are not eligible for international shipment. Also, additional restrictions may apply.
- 1 Cent