- 1 Cent
- 3 Cent
- 5 Cent
- 10 Cent
- 25 Cent
- Canada Day 25 Cent Coins
- Canadian Mythical Creatures 25 Cent Coins
- Canadian Province 25 Cent Coins
- CFL 25 Cent Coin and Stamp Series
- Coloured Bird 25 Cents Coins
- Holiday 25 Cents Coins
- Millennium 25 Cent Coins
- NHL Hockey 25 Cent Coins
- Olympic Mascot 25 Cent Folders
- Olympic Vancouver 25 Cent Coins
- Predator vs. Prey 25 Cents Coins
- 50 Cent
- Butterfly Series 50 Cent Coins
- Canadian Conservation Gold 50 Cent Coins
- Canadian Sports Firsts 50 Cent Coins
- Discovering Nature 50 Cent Coins
- Folklore & Festival 50 Cent Coins
- Gold 50 Cent Coins
- Golden Flower Series 50 Cent Coins
- Lenticular Dinosaur 50 Cent Coins
- Olympic Mascot 50 Cent Coins
- NHL Hockey 50 Cent Coins
- Sport Series 50 Cent Coins
- Triangle 50 Cent Coins
- 1 Dollar
- 2 Dollar
- 3 Dollar
- 4 Dollar
- 5 Dollar
- 8 Dollar
- 10 Dollar
- Adventure Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- Canadian Hockey 10 Dollar Coins
- Canoe Across Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- Celebrating Canada's 150th Series 10 Dollar Coins
- Colourful Songbirds of Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- Day of the Dinosaurs 10 Dollar Coins
- DC Comics™ Originals 10 Dollar Coins
- Ducks of Canada 10 Dollar Coins
- FIFA Women's World Cup 10 Dollar Coins
- Learning to Play 10 Dollar Coins
- Legendary Nature 10 Dollar Coins
- Looney Tunes™ $10 Silver Coins Series
- O Canada Series 10 Dollar Coins
- Passion to Play 10 Dollar Coins
- Reflections of Wildlife 10 Dollar Coins
- Star Trek™ 10 Dollar Coins
- 15 Dollar
- 20 Dollar
- $20 for $20
- Aircraft of the First World War Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Architectural Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Aviation Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Baby Animals Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Bald Eagle Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Big Fish 20 Dollar Coins
- Bison Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Butterflies of Canada 20 Dollar Coins
- Canadian Landscape 20 Dollar Coins
- Celebrate Baseball 20 Dollar Coins
- Crystal Series 20 Dollar Coins
- First World War Battlefront Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Forests of Canada 20 Dollar Coins
- Geometry in Art 20 Dollar Coins
- Great Lakes Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Group of Seven 20 Dollar Coins
- Iconic Superman Comic Book Covers 20 Dollar Coins
- Landscape Illusion 20 Dollar Coins
- Lighthouse 20 Dollar Coins
- Looney Tunes 20 Dollar Coins
- Lost Ships in Canadian Waters 20 Dollar Coins
- Majestic Animals Series 20 Dollar Coins
- National Parks Series 20 Dollar Coins
- National Wonders Series 20 Dollar Coins
- NHL Goalie Mask Series 20 Dollar Coins
- North American Sportfish 20 Dollar Coins
- Seven Sacred Teachings Series 20 Dollar Coins
- Star Trek™ 20 Dollar Coins
- Tall Ships Series 20 Dollar Coins
- The Migratory Birds Convention 20 Dollar Coins
- Transportation Series 20 Dollar Coins
- White-tailed Deer Series 20 Dollar Coins
- 25 Dollar
- 30 Dollar
- 50 Dollar
- 75 Dollar
- 100 Dollar
- 125 Dollar
- 150 Dollar
- 200 Dollar
- 250 Dollar
- 300 Dollar
- 350 Dollar
2018 Canadian $5 Birthstones: August - Fine Silver Coin
Face Value: $5
Composition: 99.99% Silver
Weight (g): 7.96
Diameter (mm): 27
Your coin features a Swarovski® crystal that represents the month’s birthstone, the peridot! Peridot symbolizes strength and power, but also brings felicity, friendship, influence and protection to all who are born in August. It was once mined by the ancient Greeks, and was thought to possess remarkable healing properties that could protect one from depression and fear.
The perfect birthday gift for someone born in August! Order today!
EIGHTH COIN IN 12-COIN SERIES! Your coin is the eighth in the monthly series that combines complex engraving, selective colour and a gem-toned crystal for a sparkling celebration of each birth month!
FEATURES A GENUINE SWAROVSKI® CRYSTAL! Each coin features a genuine Swarovski® crystal that represents each month’s birthstone and its colour.
STUNNING COLOUR! Selective colour extends the celebration to the engraved elements emanating from your coin’s centre.
BEAUTIFULLY ENGRAVED! The mandala’s layered pattern is beautifully engraved in outstanding detail—including the mid-relief lotus that naturally draws your eye!
INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 4,000 coins worldwide.
PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from 99.99% pure silver.
GST/HST EXEMPT! Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Designed by Pandora Young, your coin presents a cross-cultural celebration inspired by the ancient tradition of Indian mehndi. A symmetrical arrangement of highly ornate shapes and symbols form a 12-point radial pattern that reflects the calendar year. A prominent henna motif—the lotus—is among the finely detailed elements that emanate from the centre, where a colourful Swarovski® crystal represents the August birthstone, peridot. A selective application of colour complements the stone, while the playful contrast between soft and vivid tones highlights the layered complexity of the engraved artistry. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Coins Unlimited offers secure shipping services worldwide via Canada Post. Upon payment confirmation, orders ship from our store location within 1-2 business days.
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment.
Offering secure, timely shipping services from Canada Post. For more information and availability regarding delivery services to your country:
Some products are not eligible for international shipment. Also, additional restrictions may apply.